Monday, June 19, 2006

A Whole-Garden Day


I worked in a lot of different beds today, wherever there was lots of room for my hoe. Up and down the paths, too. I was thinking I should try to do more interplanting next year, so there isn't so much empty space between plants, but I suppose it will fill in a lot. And if there was less empty space, I'd have to do more hand weeding.

I haven't done as much mulching as I'd like. First I was busy just getting it planted, and then I was weeding and thinning in the rows, leaving the hoeing and mulching till later. But yesterday Garth started in with the hoe, and I got anxious about doing it my way. Besides, he was right - it was time.

It looks a lot better this evening, overall. I was out at a meeting and didn't get a picture until dusk, but you get the idea.

I borrowed a "limer," for marking lines of lime (or flour) on athletic fields and race tracks and so on. I'm going to mark out the lawn half of the labyrinth with it. Watch for a picture soon.

No comments: